Through this software program (Hello Kitty: World of Friends, or the "App") we do not collect any personally identifiable information about you. We do give you the option of providing us with an email address for the purposes of recovering your user account or for customer support purposes.
We also include 3rd party advertisements, and if you click on these they may collect data from your device when connected to their services.
The App includes optional microtransactions and if you choose to use them it will be via the registered account you have on the app store from where you downloaded the app. The providers of those services have their own privacy policies.
If you have any concerns or questions please email us at Support@AssortedNutsGames.com
Applicable from: 1st September 2015.
This privacy statement describes how the App collects and uses any personal information you provide. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information.
If you believe your child has provided us with personal information, such as by registering an email address and you would like to have that data (and so access to the service) removed, please contact us at Support@AssortedNutsGames.com
This App does not use location services to identify where you are located. However if you click an advertisement from a third-party, that service or advertiser may use your location. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites and we encourage you to review those companies’ privacy policies.
Collection and Use
We do not require you to provide an email address to use the App. We assign you a unique game identity (your "friend code") and we ask you to provide this to us in the event you have a problem with the App so we may help resolve any issue you may have. We may ask you for an email address as part of resolving any issue, or if you need help in migrating your game from one device to another.
If we do ask for your email address, what will we use it for?
- Occasionally to let you know of any game updates or issues
- Respond to customer service requests, such as helping you migrate your App settings to a new device
- We will NOT use your email address for any other purpose
- We will NOT share your email address with any other user
- We will NOT sell your email address to any 3rd party
The App does not provide any sharing features to social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter or SnapChat.
The App will send you occasional messages including, for example, that you have received a gift from a friend. If you do not want to receive these notifications, you can manage your preference either through your device or app settings, depending on your device type.
Using the app With Other People
The App allows you to "follow" your friends progress on their game App on their device. In this way you can see how your friends are customizing their Hello Kitty and making progress in their version of the game. When you "follow" friends, you can send them in-App gifts (hearts). In turn your friends can follow you, and will see your Hello Kitty change as you make changes to her, as well as your progress in your game App. Your friends can also send in-App gifts to you.
- To "follow" a friend, they have to give you their unique "friend code" which you need to type into your game App on your device
- For a friend to follow you, you need to give them your unique "friend code", which they then enter into their game App on their device
- Friends connected in this way cannot change or adversely affect one another's progress nor can they directly communicate
- DO NOT share your "friend code" with anyone you do not know
Sharing Your Information
Except as otherwise described in this privacy statement, we will not disclose personal information to any third party unless we believe that disclosure is necessary:
- to conform to legal requirements or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other legal process received by us, whether or not a response is required by applicable law;
- to enforce our Terms of Service / End User License Agreement or to protect our rights; or
- to protect the safety of members of the public and users of the service;
- if Assorted Nuts Entertainment Ltd., the publisher of this app, is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we will place a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so
Making payments in the App
Please note that while the app is free, it contains paid content for real money (in-app purchases) that can be purchased upon the player's wish to enhance their gaming experience.
- Players should make sure that they have the permission of the person whose credit card is associated with the app store account (for example, Apple iTunes, Google Play) before making any in-app purchases.
- You may disable the ability for users to make in-app purchases in your device settings. If you need any assistance with this please contact us; email: Support@AssortedNutsGames.com
Tracking and Ads
We or a third party contracted by us may use technologies to gather information about how you and others interact with our App. For example, we may know how many users access a specific area of the App or features. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize this App and services, to improve our marketing efforts, and provide content and features that are of interest to you. You can opt out of such tracking without affecting your enjoyment of the App, by following the 'Opt Out' instructions listed below.
You can elect to turn off the Flurry, Tenjin and Adjust tracking services included in the App at any time, by following these steps:
1. Open the App and choose the "Settings" menu (the small gear-shaped icon in the bottom left of most gameplay screens)
2. Tap on the "About" button
3. Scroll down the About window until the very end - you will see a check-mark next to "Send usage statistics". Simply tap on this check-mark, confirm you want to opt-out, and a red cross will now show here instead.
When follow generally accepted industry standards to protect any data collected or submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about our security you can contact us at Support@AssortedNutsGames.com
In order to make a purchase from us, you must use the third-party payment options provided by the app store on your device. The app store's privacy statement and security practices will also apply to your information. We encourage you to read that privacy statement before providing your information to them.
We will retain such information as we may collect about you for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at Support@AssortedNutsGames.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement here: